- Fleet Engineer within 737 Fleet Engineering Team
- Permanent, Full-Time position
- Located at the Qantas Corporate Campus, Mascot
We’re constantly evolving, and this means the opportunities for our people are endless. In every role there’s the opportunity to embrace personal development and career growth, ownership of projects, and the ability to make an impact.
Qantas Engineering keeps us at the forefront of aviation, caring and maintaining both the Qantas fleet, as well as aircraft for our customers across the Asia-Pacific region. Working with state-of-the-art equipment and resources, our shared commitment to professional excellence continues to keep our customers safe.
In your new role as a Fleet Engineer, you will be primarily responsible for the identification and prioritisation of fleet issues, root cause analysis and development of corrective actions to drive continuous improvement in safety, operational performance and efficiency of aircraft, systems and components. You will draw on your effective communication and problem-solving skills to work with suppliers and manufacturers to resolve issues that will maximise the commercial and operational benefits to the Qantas Group.
You’ll have –
- A Professional Engineering degree in Aeronautical, Avionics, Mechanical, Electrical or equivalent
- Strong demonstrated skills in problem solving and analytical thinking, both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate complex technical information clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Ability to make sound, evidence based decisions, even when presented with incomplete or uncertain data
- Ability to develop business cases, weighing cost and risk against benefit to the business
- Ability to manage expectations of customers in line with relevant service level agreements.
- Team focused approach, with demonstrated commitment to proactively finding solutions to problems
- Proven organisational and communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to communicate complex technical information clearly and concisely.
- Preferably a basic understanding of the principles of asset management and reliability centred maintenance.
- Recent graduates will be considered for this role.
Experience, hard work and inclusiveness are valued in our people. Put together, these will help you earn opportunities to do more.
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply.
Be a part of something special and play your part in the Qantas story – get in touch today.
Applications close Sunday 20th May 2018