Finance Business Partner
- Permanent opportunity, Mascot Campus Location
- Commercial and collaborative business partnering role working with Qantas Engineering leaders
- Challenge yourself in this newly created role
At Qantas, our strong beliefs guide the way we work, ensuring everything we do stays true to our customers and this iconic brand. The global aviation industry is just as much complex as it is exciting. Our finance and strategy team drive competitive advantage through financial services, responding to change and uncertainty to maintain our leadership position.
This newly created role will see you partner with leaders within the Maintenance Operations division of Qantas Engineering. You will leverage effective financial planning, analysis and an understanding of the operational landscape to provide sound advice on all financial/commercial aspects of the business which spans Domestic and International ports.
You will –
- Act as a key point of contact for the employees and managers in the business for financial management and complex financial issues, facilitating sound financial decision making.
- Provide support and expertise to ensure commercial leadership and business planning that drives the business forward in line with strategic objectives highlighting risk, opportunities and monetary benefits.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, ensuring delivery of key transformation objectives.
- Provide a commercial view on 3rd party engagements.
- Grow the commercial capability within the leadership team.
- Constructively challenge leaders to ensure decision making align with the Qantas financial framework and aligns with a group first mentality.
You’ll have –
- Graduate degree in relevant discipline (preferably in finance) or professional finance qualification (CA/CPA or equivalent).
- Experience within a similar role or a demonstrated ability to apply commercial acumen
- Consultation, negotiation and interpersonal skills used to consult with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong influencing, leadership and decision-making skills as you will work closely with senior leaders and be required to challenge them on business performance and forecasts to drive to agreed targets, meeting strategic and unit cost deliverables of the business
- Strong ability to challenge, guide and advise non-financial stakeholder groups and the confidence to do so, along with the well-developed knowledge and skills
- Proven record in financial analysis and business case development, as you will manage the business unit budget, plan, forecasting and reporting of actuals against these plans
- Highly self-motivated with ability to be across both the details and broader perspective of an overarching business area strategy
We won’t settle for anything less than the best outcome. We’re a high performing team, and we each have the opportunity to add value and make an impact on the business.
We’re committed to helping you build your career. With the support of your manager, let’s start a conversation about making your next move.
Applications close Wednesday 9th May 2018