- Enjoy the challenge of being physically active, working in all weathers
- Our inclusive environment brings out the best in all of us
- Permanent part-time opportunity based at Sydney Airport
At Qantas, we represent Australia to the world. Our diverse country is known for our spirit, mateship, and a can-do attitude. We’re resilient and strong, and we work hard to keep things moving.
Qantas Ground Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qantas Airways and we’re responsible for providing ground handling services to the Qantas Group, including baggage handling, ramp services, presentation, ground transport and warehouse freight handling.
As a Baggage Handler you will provide baggage handling services to meet the needs of our customers who are travelling across Australia and the globe. Working in a fast-paced, outdoor operational environment, you will load and unload customer baggage, transport it to terminals and aircraft and operate a range of specialised equipment. With safely as our first priority, you’ll read and interpret hazardous material identification labels and aircraft loading manifests as well as baggage and cargo routing tags. You’ll work around aircraft, have plenty of fun, meet amazing people and have experiences like no other.
You’ll have –
- Availability to work a 24 hour, 7 day a week rotating shift roster
- Recent experience in a manual handling or physical role, within a fast paced operational environment
- A passion for safety and working within OH&S guidelines at all times
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- A hard working nature and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- The ability to repetitively lift items up to 32 kgs in weight
- A current and valid full state or territory driver’s license
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply.
Be a part of something special and play your part in the Qantas story – get in touch today.