Can you imagine being able to interact with aeroplanes on a daily basis as part of your career? To be a part of the broader customer journey and working in a challenging outdoor environment.
We are looking for women and men who share our passion for working in a fast paced operational environment and enjoy being physically active and working in all weather conditions.
What is QGS?
Qantas Ground Services (QGS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qantas Airways and we’re responsible for providing ground handling services to the Qantas Group, including baggage handling, ramp services, cabin presentation, ground transport and warehouse freight handling.
To meet the needs of our customers who are travelling across Australia and the globe, we work around the clock to ensure our customers and their belongings are able to have a seamless transit through our Airports, in the air and through our freight terminals.
We work on weekends, public holidays and on many occasions, we’re up well before the sun and home after most people are asleep. We’re not the type of person that enjoys sitting at a desk – we love being physically active and working outside in the scorching summer heat and those crisp winter mornings watching the storm roll in.
We work hard all year round and shift work can be very demanding on our bodies and loved ones, so why do we do it? We do it because we’re passionate about our company and the people who choose to fly our iconic brand and we understand the important part we play in the overall customer experience. Does this sound like you too?
Your role will involve:
- Driving on the tarmac while adhering to airside regulations, actively participating in all ground crew areas that are directly and indirectly associated with aircraft handling to ensure an on-time departure,
- Represent Qantas in a genuine and professional manner, by working as part of a team to support colleagues and deliver an exceptional experience for our customers,
- Operating a range of specialised equipment within a safety sensitive operational area, Working outdoors in all weather conditions – rain, hail and shine! Cooperating with other team members and management for the benefit of the customer and the company, providing consistent and excellent customer service by being informative and taking ownership of problems,
- Daily problem solving to ensure the best outcomes for our company and our customers
You will be required to do:
- Repetitively lifting items up to 23kgs
- Following clear procedures to clean aircraft cabin and toilets after each flight
- Working to tight deadlines ensuring the aircraft can then depart on time again
Do you have what it takes? Assess yourself against the list below prior to applying.
- You will love the variety of working different shifts!
- The ability to work all shifts in our dynamic 24 hour, 7 day a week, on a rotational shift roster (meaning shifts will vary from week to week)
- A current and valid provisional or full state or territory manual driving license (sorry learners permits are not valid, however as soon as you get your provisional licence please come back and apply)
- Recent experience in a manual handling or physical role and thrive working in a fast paced operational environment
- Physically fit and able to perform repetitive tasks for 8-10 hours at a time
- Passionate about the safety of you and your colleagues and working within established OH&S guidelines at all times
- High expectations for yourself at each interaction with your colleagues and management.
- Strong verbal communication skills and enjoy putting those skills to work in a high volume, demanding and ever changing environment.
- Strong listening skills and enjoy working both in a team environment and independently
- Phrases like “sure, I can do that” and “how may I help you” are a part of your everyday vocabulary
Qantas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander – and people from every other kind of background – to apply.
Be a part of something special – express your interest for future opportunities today.